Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

I´m dreaming tonight...of the place I love...
Hey fam! My voice and face will be home for Christmas for a few minutes! I cannot wait for that day. Things are going great here and we are living up this Chirstmas Spirit. The huge Christmas zone conference was this week! We had half of the mission in Ribeirão Preto, back in my beloved chapel of Campos Elíseos. There was a great feast and a skit from each zone (that were actually ALL really good and funny), an awesome treinamento from Presidente, and testemunhos of the héroes. And believe it or not I was one of those few to give my final testimony and say my goodbyes. They sang God Be with you Til We Meet Again for us. That was my last zone conference I will go to in my life! Time comes at you fast. What a good mission I have behind me. It has been a wonderful 17 months. And I still have 2 more to enjoy!
I love Christmas time. There is so much to do and so much excitement in the air. I think it is a bigger deal in the states but I like to celebrate big so I am making it count here with Síster G. França. We are working hard every day and sending out lots of Ele É o Presente pass along cards and singing lots of Christmas hymns. The ward here is great and very supportive. We have two great homes to go to for Chrismas Eve Night (which is actually a bigger deal than Christmas Day here) and for Christmas Day. On Sunday the bishopric gave all four of us a pannetone! (look it up, the best little food that Christmas has ever had to offer) I LOVE that stuff and could eat a whole one in one sitting. Anyways, none of you have to worry about us missionaries here because everyone is showing lots of love
We had success visiting or recent converts this week. There is one family who lives way far away so we don´t get to visit them very often. The 15 year old daughter was baptized a few weeks ago, and the parents are investigating. They are practically members já and have huge testimonies but just have to get married first. It is a work in progress with a bunch of legal problems but in January they are making goals to have the wedding! Once they get married for sure they will get baptized. The only problem is that they are planning on moving to another ward in the stake as well so we might not be teaching them for very long. But we had an awesome lesson with them this week and watched the Christmas film Mundo Feliz. It brought a Spirit SO strong and helped us remember even more of Christ. I would highly recommend you all watching it again this Christmas season.
The Lord is continually showing me that He is leading this work. If I give a little bit more of myself He always fulfills the rest.
Sorry I don´t have much time to write today because I had to send in some references, but know that I love you and will devote every drop of my 40 minutes to you on the 25th! You guys are so wonderful.

Love,
your daughter
and sis
and friend
and brazilian
Síster Marchante

***Hey dad, could you please actually email me one of you skype emails and passwords for me to use? I will enter here on the email on Christmas and get the info. I don´t know if I remember mine correctly and I think it would be easier to use your than to create a new one out here. Thanks so much!! p.s. Emma, is it true?




Olá Presidente!
Estou muito animada para Natal! A conferência foi maravilhosa e trouxe muitas memórias boas. Vou lembrar-me sempre as experiências boas como as conferências de zona. Obrigada por todo o esforço que vocês deram para fazer com que ela seja ótima e feliz. Eu AMO Natal e amo a oportunidade compartilhar nossa mensagem durante esta estação feliz. Eu gosto muito das novas cartões de Ele é o Presente e estamos conseguindo assistir este vídeo com muitas pessoas. Que bênção é estar aqui na missão durante Natal.
O treinamento foi muito bom para mim ver como tudo cabe juntos. Eu estou aplicando os princípios da obra durante épocas diferentes na minha missão e agora consigo enxergar como tudo pode ser feito na mesma vez. Vou tentar passar isto para as nossas Sísteres também.

Esta semana começou difícil aqui em Araraquara porque quase todos nossos pesquisadores desistiram. Mas a semana foi muita boa também porque me sinto que realmente fizemos tudo que pudemos. Colocamos todos nossos corações, mentes e forças ao trabalho e mesmo durante dificuldades, vimos milagres. Estou aprendendo que realmente tudo está nas mãos do Senhor e que se Ele quer que algo acontece, nada vai pará-Lo. Achamos um Senhor e uma Senhora no Sábado que já visitaram muitas igrejas mas nunca sentiram certas. Encontramos o Senhor fazendo contatos na rua. Falamos muito com ele e pedimos entrar, e ele deixou. Eles são velhos, porém muito inteligentes e tiveram perguntas ótimas. Ensinamos o Plano de Salvação e o Espírito foi forte. Tentamos marcar uma data e falaram que querem aprender mais antes de decidir no batismo. É claro estes dias realmente quem tem interesse e potencial e quem não via progredir. Estamos confiando muito no Senhor para encontrar e ensinar pelo Espírito. Eu sei que se eu me sinto o Espírito estou fazendo a vontade de Deus. Ele guia esta obra, e Ele manda o Espírito Santo. Com Eles jamais vamos falhar. Estou tão grata ser parte da organização incrível que uma missão de Cristo é. Sabemos que nosso trabalho é vital e vai salvar almas.
Obrigada por tudo,
Síster Marchante
 
English Translation:
 
Hello President!
I'm very excited for Christmas! The conference was wonderful and brought many good memories. I will remember always the good experiences as zone conferences. Thank you for all the effort you have to make it to be great and happy. I LOVE Christmas and love the opportunity to share our message during this happy season. I really like the new cards It is the present and we are able to view this video with many people. What a blessing to be here in the mission during Christmas.
The training was very good for me to see how everything fits together. I am applying the principles of work during different times in my mission and I can now see how everything can be done at the same time. I'll try to pass it to our Sisters as well.


This week began here in Araraquara difficult because almost all of our researchers have given up. But the week was also a lot of good because I feel that really did everything we could. We put all our hearts, minds and strength to work and even during hard times, we have seen miracles. I am learning that really everything is in the hands of the Lord and that He wants something happens, nothing will stop him. Found a Lord and Lady on Saturday who have visited many churches but never felt right. We found the Lord making contacts on the street. We talk a lot with him and we go, and he left. They are old but very intelligent and had great questions. We teach the Plan of Salvation and the Spirit was strong. We try to schedule a date and said that they want to learn more before deciding on baptism. Of course these days really who has interest and potential and who saw no progress. We are very trusting in the Lord to find and teach by the Spirit. I know that I feel the Spirit I am doing the will of God. He guides this work, and He sends the Holy Spirit. They never fail to let. I am so grateful to be part of the amazing organization that is a mission of Christ. We know that our work is vital and will save souls.

Thanks for everything,
Sister Marchante

No comments:

Post a Comment