Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Date: 2/23/2015 10:40:36 AM
Subject: Facing the truth...with still lots of surprises!
 
So here we are.
But don´t worry, I´ll still have one last email next week. It´s not over yet! Actually this week kindof já threw me for a loop and switched up lots of things...I am in Jd. Irajá!!! Surprise! They can never pull my heart out of Ribeirão. I returned here a week early and will work here until o fim. I switched places with a Síster Sena who was here so that she can get to know the area in Araraquara a little bit (where she will start the next transfer) before she has to whitewash there as Síster Palomino and I are both leaving. What a gift from Presidente that she doesn´t have to completely whitewash. What a gift for me as well that I can spend my last few nostalgic days teaching in João Rossi! I LOVE this little barrio SO much and am very grateful to return and get a few last special moments there. We have already had a lot of really spiritual lessons and are teaching a lot. João Rossi is the perfect place. I have so many wonderful memories de lá.
It was hard to leave Síster Palomino and Araraquara, but I know they are in good hands. There are a few members there that really stole my heart as well and I will miss serving and almoçando with them. Thank goodness for facebook. And for eternal life. I know I´ll see all of these great people de novo um dia!
I was able to go to Church yesterday in Irajá and see everyone de novo também. Jd. Irajá is a very big ward and I have so many friends there. It was so great to see everyone again and get lots of hugs and take pictures and say my final goodbyes. In Sacrament Meeting Bispo Caio gave me a surprise oportunidade to bear my testimony de repente mais uma vez for the ward. It was great and I could really feel their love and the love I have for them. Ribeirão Preto is a very special place.
My new companion for a week is Síster Andersen. She is from Pleasant Grove, Utah and is just a hoot. We are laughing all day long and having a ball. She has actually been out for just under three months now so I am able to finish the last week of her training! I got my wish to be a trainer, if at least for a week! She is a great missionary and we are working hard. I have felt the Spirit super strong the last few days and am able to see with a greater perspective how my mission is coming full circle. It is SO awesome to teach Portuguese to this dear and to see how much she has learned in just a few days. She actually went to BYU as well and learns quickly. I think for me it is a lot easier to teach Portugues like this than it would be to teach my own language. I know what the challenges are common mistakes are. I feel like I have a lot to give as a missionary now now that it is time to leave! We have had some great experiences knocking doors and teaching current investigators as well. I am very grateful for this extra little gift of Irajá at the very end. It was a little tender mercy from Presidente and from the Lord. It never ceases to amaze me how much the Lord loves us and wants to bless us and make us happy even in the littlest things. I have had only tons of blessings on the missão. My life is so great.
I feel like my mission is finally coming full circle. I feel very close to the Lord now and have much more meaningful prayers than ever. I want to give my all to Him, and my will doesn´t matter anymore. I am so happy all the time and have never been more blessed! He continues to show little ways why He loves me and how my work is sufficient. I am not close to perfect, but I finally feel like I am enough. I love the Sacrament and am extremely grateful for it every week. I know our Savior lives. He is aware of everything that we are going through and will help us to overcome every trial that comes our way. He leads this work and this Church. We will never fail if we keep our values and choices in the firm foundation of the gospel. I will love and serve my Savior and King forever. A mission is only the beginning to the rest of my life. I can´t wait to get started!
Com muito amor, até encontramos de novo,
Síster Marchante




Olá Presidente Brum!
Esta semana passou muito rapidamente. Veio com muitas surpresas! Voltei para Irajá na quinta-feira. Despedindo de Araraquara e especialmente da Síster Palomino (por um pouco tempo) foi difícil, mas estou muito animada estar aqui em Irajá de novo. Senti completa realmente quando fui embora de Araraquara, e estou pronta para continuar a dar tudo de mim até o fim.
Já vimos muito sucesso aqui em Irajá em João Rossi. Síster Andersen e Síster Sena fizeram um trabalho bom e temos muitas pessoas para visitar. Parece um pouco como voltando em tempo para mim, e sinto que meu conhecimento desta área ainda pode ajudar. Sei que é só uma semana que vou estar aqui, mas também sei que aqui é onde precisar estar até o fim.
Tivemos algumas experiências legais buscando novos também. Decidimos bater portas e entramos muitas casas. Ontem oramos e escolhemos um prédio em João Rossi e depois alguns apartamentos específicos daquele prédio. Todos as três primeiras portas que batemos convidamos a gente para entrar e ensinar. Elas foram pessoas muito especiais e vamos voltar para todas as três. Gosto muito de trabalhar com a Síster Andersen. Ela é muito gente boa e divertida, mas sabe trabalhar arduamente e obedece com exatidão. Estamos ensinando e aprendendo uma à outra muitas coisas. Tenho sido abençoada com todas as melhores companheiras na missão. Amo servir com as Sísteres aqui.
Estou ligando daqui para as Sísteres e espero que possa ajudá-las em alguma maneira esta semana. Amo estas Sísteres muito e amo passar tempo ensinando com elas e aprendendo delas. Foi uma responsabilidade e bênção muito grande de servir com tantas Sísteres diferentes durante a minha missão. Elas afeitaram a minha missão em muitas maneiras maravilhosas.
Estou muito animada para servir bem até o fim. Amo minha missão e não consigo expressar tudo como eu aprendi e mudei. Nunca vou ser a mesma em nenhum aspeito da minha vida. Nunca vou perder este testemunho que ganhei ou esquecer-me do Espírito que senti durantes estes 19 meses. Estou uma pessoa completamente diferente. Quero trazer tudo isto para casa e para minha família e amigos. Eu amo esta Igreja e sei que é verdadeira. Amo meu Salvador e quero servi-Lo com todo meu coração pelo resto da minha vida. Minha vida no evangelho Dele apenas começou! Muito obrigada Presidente por tudo que o senhor sempre fez para nos incentivar e ensinar. Aprendi muito de seus treinamentos, especialmente sobre liderança e amor. Quero ser um líder como o senhor. Que privilégio e bênção grande foi para servir meu Salvador e servir em Ribeirão Preto! Vou amar o Brasil para sempre!
Com amor,
Síster Marchant


English Translation
Hello President Brum!
This week passed very quickly. Came with many surprises! I went back to Irajá on Thursday. Firing of Araraquara and especially Sister Palomino (for some time) was difficult, but I'm very excited to be here in Irajá again. I felt really full when I left in Araraquara, and I am ready to continue to give my all to the end.
We have seen much success here in Irajá in John Rossi. Sister Andersen and Sister Sena did a good job and we have many people to visit. Looks a bit like going back in time for me, and I feel that my knowledge of this area can still help. I know it's only been a week since I'll be here, but I also know that this is where you need to be to the end.
We had some nice experiences seeking new too. We decided to slam doors and entered many houses. Yesterday we pray and we chose a building in John Rossi and then some specific apartments that building. All the first three doors that hit invite us to come and teach. They were very special people and we will return to all three. I really like working with Sister Andersen. She is very good and fun people, but knows how to work hard and obey exactly. We are teaching and learning each other many things. I have been blessed with all the best companions in the mission. Love serve with Sisters here.
I'm calling here for the Sisters and hope you can help them in some way this week. Love these very Sisters and love spending time with them teaching and learning from them. It was a great blessing and responsibility to serve with so many different Sisters during my mission. They afeitaram my mission in many wonderful ways.
I am very excited to serve well to the end. I love my mission and I can not express everything as I learned and changed. I'll never be the same in any aspeito of my life. I'll never lose this testimony I won or forget me I felt the Spirit during these 19 months. I'm a completely different person. I want to bring all this home to my family and friends. I love this church and I know that is true. I love my Savior and want to serve Him with all my heart for the rest of my life. My life in His gospel just begun! Thank you President for everything you did for us always encourage and teach. I learned a lot of their training, especially on leadership and love. I want to be a leader like you. What a privilege and a blessing was to serve my Savior and serve in Ribeirão Preto! I will love the Brazil forever!
With love,
Sister Marchant

No comments:

Post a Comment