Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

What a week,
We traveled to Ribeirão at the beginning of the week to have Conselho da Liderança de novo! It has been awhile since we have had Conselho (it was canceled last transfer due to the Christmas Conference) and I didn´t realize how much I missed it. The Spirit was super forte this time and it was one of my favorite conselhos. We did four new, different practices and I learned a ton. I love working with the other missionaries here, especially the leaders of the mission because they are all super focused and driven. I am very humbled and blessed to have the opportunity to attend so many conselhos. I am strengthened way more than I could imagine.
I was able to see Síster Sperry there which brought great alegria into my life. I didn´t realize how much I missed her until I saw her again. What a blessed companion. We also had a huge miracle during lunch (see below). I love this work. Even during difficulties, the blessings never stop coming.
Síster G. França is so great. She is firme até o fim and is a wonderful companion to me. I wish I didn´t have to get another one and could stay with her until the end! But I know that her home needs her and that I have a few more things to learn before coming home. Transfers are next week já! Can you believe this time is flying by so fast? I can´t. I am exhausted but happy and feel like I have almost fulfilled everything that I need to do here. I had a dream yesterday that I came home this transfer. After being with the fam for a few minutes I said, "so when is my flight back to Brasil to finish my mission after this quick visit? I still have more work to do there!" I know that Heavenly Father needs me here for some reason one more transfer and He wants to see if I will fulfill His call. It was a difficult decision to make, but I know this is where I need to be and that I would feel incomplete without it. Thank you for holding on and letting me stay here in my new home for a few more weeks. Don´t worry--it will zoom by as well and then we have eternity! (I have also been having some weird dreams about the Hill Cumorah Pageant this week. Don´t know where that came from especially since we are no where near applications or the show. Are there any changes happening in that area? You guys should definitely do it again if you can!)
I love you tons! Have a wonderful week!
Sìster Marchante
 
 
P.S. I was studying Preach My Gospel today in chapter 11. There is a Personal Study idea (número 2, pg 219 if you study PME in portuguese...sorry its the best I can do) that I wanted to ask your help with. Anyone who is interested in analyzing your life and helping me out, think back to the many years of service you have had in the Church and answer this question for me in an email: How were you blessed or continue to be blessed by your faithful fulfillment of your callings? Thanks so much for your insights!
P.P.S. It is so nice to type without accents. Life is easy in the States.
 
 

Olá Presidente,
Esta semana foi muito ocupada! Corremos em todo lugar. Começamos com o Conselho de Liderança que nos inspirou muito. Eu adorei tantas práticas novas, e aprendi muito. Senti-me o Espírito forte e fique animada sair e trabalhar de novo. Tenho muitas memórias preciosas por causa dos Conselhos. Sempre é uma experiencia muito espiritual para mim.
Tivemos uma milagre no Conselho também. Um pesquisador antigo da Síster Sperry e eu que mora no Centro se chama Brianda (não sei se você lembra aquela noite que ligamos para o senhor depois do conselho retrasado para contar nossa milagre do prática da Restauração? Foi a mesma mulher). Ela é maravilhosa e tem muito potencial. Ela viajou recentemente e perdi contato com as Sísteres em Irajá, mas ela estava lá no Bat Caverno quando almoçamos lá terça!! Ela falou que quase nunca come lá, mas decidiu de nada ir lá (no mesmo horário de nós) este dia. Conseguimos almoçar com ela e seu marido e incentivamos ela buscar mais sobre a igreja de novo. Foi tão coincidência, que eu sei que realmente foi planejada por Pai Celestial, e que Ele vai guiá-la até o evangelho restaurado completo. A única hora quando a Síster Sperry e eu estamos nas ruas de Ribeirão Preto juntas nós encontramos nossa melhor pesquisadora de Irajá sem querer. Pai Celestial está mandando muitas ternas misericórdias em minha vida agora mesmo.
Fizemos divisões em Jaboticabal de novo esta semana. Saí com a Síster Paiva. Ela é ótima. Ela é nova e tem uma animação grande para o trabalho. Ela sabe a doutrina importante bem e como funciona cada parte do trabalho missionário. A Síster Soares a treinou bem. As vezes ela ensina muito profundamente e rapidamente. Fizemos a prática de 70 palavras e um minuto por cada tópico e a incentivei continuar a praticar assim com a Síster Soares. Gostei muito desta prática, e sei que vai ajudar ela e a Síster Soares muito. A Síster Paiva faz práticas e 12 semanas bem e está disposta a tentar coisas novas. As vezes ela fala demais e não escuta bem, mas está animada sobre tudo.
Recebi uma bênção muito simples e poderoso do Élder Booth que me ajudou muito. Tenho um testemunho muito grande do sacerdócio e sei que funciona cada vez quando temos fé. Estou muito grata ter sempre bênçãos do sacerdócio disponíveis na minha vida.
A Síster G. França é ótima! Ela está trabalhando firme até o fim e tem olhos realmente fixados na glória de Deus. Ela tem metas muito boas pelo futuro e vai ter uma vida ótima depois da missão. Estou TÃO grata ter a oportunidade servir com ela por esta transferência rápida. Eu amo a Síster G. França e quer ficar em contato com ela para sempre! Obrigada por este presente de servir ao lado dela por tantos dias. Tenho a melhor missão no mundo!
Com amor,
Síster Marchant
 
 
English Translation:
 
Hello President,
This week has been very busy! We run everywhere. We start with the Leadership Council that inspired us a lot. I loved so many new practices, and learned a lot. I felt the strong spirit and be excited to go out and work again. I have many precious memories because of the Councils. It is always a very spiritual experience for me.
We had a miracle in the Council too. A former researcher at Sister Sperry and I who lives in the center is called Brianda (do not know if you remember that night we turn to you after the council before last to tell our practice of the miracle of the Restoration? It was the same woman). She is wonderful and has a lot of potential. She recently traveled and lost contact with Sisters in Irajá, but she was there at the Bat cavernosa when we had lunch there Tuesday !! She said she almost never eat there but decided anything go there (at the same time of us) this day. We were able to have lunch with her and her husband and encourage her to seek more about the new church. It was so coincidentally, I know it was really planned by Heavenly Father, and He will guide her to complete the restored gospel. The only time when Sister Sperry and I are in Ribeirão Preto streets together we find our best researcher Irajá unintentionally. Heavenly Father is sending many tender mercies in my life right now.
We divisions in new Jaboticabal this week. I left with Sister Paiva. She's great. It is new and has a great animation to work. She knows the important doctrine well and how each part of the missionary work. The Sister Soares trained her well. Sometimes she teaches too deeply and quickly. We practice 70 words and one minute for each topic and encouraged to continue to do so with Sister Soares. I really enjoyed this practice, and I know that will help her and Sister Soares much. The Sister Paiva makes practical and 12 weeks as well and is willing to try new things. Sometimes she talks too much and not listening well, but is excited about everything.
I got a very simple and powerful blessing of Elder Booth that helped me a lot. I have a very great testimony of the priesthood and I know that works every time when we have faith. I am very grateful always have priesthood blessings available in my life.
The Sister G. France is great! She is working hard to the end and really has eyes set on the glory of God. She has very good goals for the future and will have a great life after the mission. I am SO thankful to have the opportunity to serve with her for this rapid transfer. I love Sister G. France and want to stay in touch with her forever! Thank you for this gift of serving beside her for so many days. I have the best mission in the world!
With love,
Sister Marchant

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment