Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Well hello there!
Life is so good and I am super feliz. I am also super exhausted but I feel like we are truly doing the will of the Lord and following the Spirit each day. This week we walked a ton in the blasting sun and then rain but hey, I survived until agora, I can handle any weather this mission has to offer. I am loving Brazil more and more and enjoy getting to know new people every day. Síster Palomino is a hoot and makes me laugh every moment. She is super tranquila and I cannot imagine her ever possibly being stressed or angry about anything. It is going to be a great, fast transfer.
Divisions were great this week--back to Campos Elíseos! I was able to see a few people that I knew and we taught the whole day long. We passed in the três meninas na verdade (remember Geovanna, Bianca, e Mariana?) for a recent convert lesson. They have been going to church uma semana sim, uma semana não, então I was a little worried about them. But when we got there they seemed great and...miracle of the week...their mom Marisa stopped being Espírita! She said that she is interested in looking into the Mormon Church more now and is willing to receive the missionary lessons. It was a huge blessing for me to hear that because she was so closed before. She always said, this is for my kids but not for me, I´m happy onde estou. Espiritismo is very different from our religion (I don´t remember if it exists much in the states), and I know that the restored truth of the gospel would bring great alegria em her life. If she got baptized I really think she would stay firm and make her girls go strong every week as well. She has huge will power and does what she says she will. I love this family so much and would cry tons with joy if they all entered into the fold of God!
The rest of the week was great and went fast. There are some great people here with great potential (especially João Paulo, see below) and we are starting to teach a lot of new people. The ward is helping out a ton and we are getting lots of references. I am very happy and learning more about the Savior and the Atonement each day. I want to take advantage of each day. You only serve a mission once.
Love you tons!
Síster Marchant
P.S. Sorry the time was short today. All of my mission friends went home this week and are sending emails. They all (Síster Sperry, Shipp, and G. França) look so good! I love these Sísteres to death.



Bom dia Presidente!

Muito obrigada pelas suas palavras de amor. Estas três linhas significam mais para mim do que qualquer email que já recebi! Agradeço por tudo que o senhor faz para nós, especialmente as coisinhas extras que o senhor não precisa fazer mas faz mesmo porque o senhor nos ama. Durante toda a minha missão consegui sentir seu amor para conosco. Vou aproveitar todo o tempo que tenho ainda na missão porque sei que vou sentir-me muito falta depois.
Esta semana foi excelente. Trabalhamos bastante até quase morremos. Domingo anoite quando chegamos em casa colapsamos na chão com exaustão! Mas estamos dormindo muito bem estes dias e sempre levantamos sentindo fortes e melhor. Foi interessante porque honestamente, esta semana deveria ter sido muito difícil. Fomos rejeitadas muitas vezes, mas conseguimos ficar animadas e felizes de novo rapidamente. Sou muito grata estar com a Síster Palomino neste momento. Tenho um bom sentimento que esta transferência será muito boa e muito rápida. A Síster Palomino é maravilhosa. Ela me faz rir cada momento e estamos muito felizes juntas. Somos diferentes em muitas maneiras mas também semelhantes, especialmente na nossa ética de trabalho. Sinto muito em paz e com muito esperança para esta transferência e também para o resto da minha vida. Sei que o Senhor vai cuidar conosco em cada fase da vida, especialmente agora e nas próximas transições.
Fizemos uma divisão com as Sísteres em Campos Elíseos esta semana. Eu saí com a Síster Gutierrez e a Síster Palomino saiu com a Síster Iris. Foi uma ótima divisão. A Síster Gutierrez tem muita energia e muita animação pelo trabalho. Ela está disposta a fazer qualquer coisa, e está fazendo a transição para a nova área muito bem. Ela recebe correção facilmente com humildade e vai ser uma força grande na casa de Campos Elíseos. Posso ver ela como um líder muito eficaz. A Síster Gutierrez ensina muito bem e simples. A divisão passou rápido demais. Tenho um amor muito grande pelas nossas Sísteres. Espero que cada uma veja sucesso.
Tivemos uma milagre pequena ontem que me fez muito feliz. No fim do dia sentimos que devíamos andar até o fim de nossa área para fazer uma lição com um de nossos novos pesquisadores, João Paulo, mesmo que nossas pernas não aguentaram muito mais. Nunca o ensinamos em casa, só na loja dele. Achamos a casa bem, mas ele não estava e a mãe dele falou que ele estava passeando. Começamos para casa e na próxima rua, quem nós achamos? O João Paulo mesmo! Ficamos tão felizes e fizemos uma lição com ele lá na rua e marcamos uma data para voltar. Ele se comprometeu ler mais do Livro de Mórmon antes que nós voltemos. Ele parece muito interessado e sei que ele precisa do evangelho para fazer mudanças maravilhosas na vida dele. Sinto que ele é eleito e que vai ser a milagre de nossa transferência. Estou muito animada voltar lá!
Obrigada por tudo. Estou muito feliz!
Síster Marchant
 
 
English Translation
 
Good Morning President!
Thank you for your words of love. These three lines mean more to me than any email I have ever received! Thank you for all that you do for us, especially the extra little things that you do not need to do but do it because you love us. Throughout my mission could feel his love for us. I will take all the time I have still in the mission because I know I will feel very lack later.
This week was excellent. We work quite up to almost die. Sunday anoite when we got home colapsamos the ground with exhaustion! But we are sleeping well these days and always get up feeling strong and better. It was interesting because honestly, this week should have been very difficult. We were rejected many times, but managed to stay lively and happy again quickly. I am so grateful to be with Sister Palomino at this time. I have a good feeling that this transfer is very good and very fast. The Sister Palomino is wonderful. She makes me laugh every now and are very happy together. We are different in many ways but also similar, especially in our work ethic. Sorry alone and with much hope for this transfer and also for the rest of my life. I know the Lord will take care of us in every phase of life, especially now and in the coming transitions.
We did a split with Sisters in Champs Elysees this week. I left with Sister Gutierrez and Sister Palomino went with Sister Iris. It was a great division. The Sister Gutierrez has lots of energy and lots of fun at work. She is willing to do anything, and is making the transition to the new area very well. She gets easily fix with humility and will be a major force in home Champs Elysées. I can see it as a very effective leader. The Sister Gutierrez teaches very well and simple. The division went too fast. I have a great love for our Sisters. I hope each see success.
We had a small miracle yesterday that made me very happy. At the end of the day we feel that we should walk to the end of our area to take a lesson with one of our new researchers, John Paul, even if our legs did not hold much. Never teach at home, only in his shop. We found the house well, but he was not and his mother said he was walking. We started home and in the next street, who do we think? The same John Paul! We were so happy and did a lesson with him there on the street and we set a date to return. He pledged read more Book of Mormon before we get back. He seems very interested and I know he needs the gospel to make wonderful changes in his life. I feel he is elected and that will be the miracle of our transfer. I'm very excited to go back there!
Thanks for everything. I am very happy!
Sister Marchant
 

No comments:

Post a Comment